Applying to Graduate School for GEAR Students
In mid-September, you’ll receive an email from the director of graduate enrollment, detailing the steps that you need to take to complete your graduate school application.
For students at or above a 3.3 GPA, the process is as follows:
- An application will be created for you, waiving the requirement for GRE scores, application fee, and letters of recommendation
- To submit the application:
- Complete the biographical/applicant information
- Upload an unofficial copy of your transcript
- List Gretchen Briscoe and Emma Derisi as the recommenders:
- Write a Personal Statement: This should be a short essay, detailing your current work within the program and your specific interest of focus in your chosen graduate program; this is more for fit and placement than for admissions purposes
Students with a GPA just below 3.3 who can expect to raise their GPA above that threshold by the end of fall semester should wait to upload their transcripts until after their fall grades are in.
Students with a GPA significantly below 3.3 will be unable to apply to graduate programs through GEAR; however, they can still complete the full application including official GRE scores and letters of recommendation.