Pancreatic Cancer Imaging
95% of patients with pancreatic cancer die within 5 years of diagnosis. Surgical resection is currently the only treatment option, but only 20% of patients qualify for this surgery. Neoadjuvant chemotherapy can enable patients with borderline resectable tumors to qualify for surgery, but features of the tumor microenvironment (tissue pressure, stromal density, and hyaluronic acid) can reduce its effectiveness. Targeted therapy can mitigate these issues; therefore, the goal of this project is to develop novel surrogate imaging biomarkers for monitoring the effectiveness of neoadjuvant therapies. We use novel imaging techniques to characterize the tumor microenvironment.
- Elastography can map the local inverse relationship between shear modulus and drug delivery within the pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma microenvironment
H. Wang, R. Mislati, R. Ahmed, P. Vincent, S. F. Nwabunwanne, J. Gunn, Brian W. Pogue, and Marvin M. Doyley
Clin Cancer Res 25(7) , pp. 2136 -2143 (2019). View Online
- Elastographic assessment of xenograft pancreatic tumors
H. Wang, M. D. Nieskoski, K. Marra, J. Gunn, B. S. Trembly, Brian W. Pogue, and Marvin M. Doyley
Ultrasound Med BIol 43(12) , pp. 2891 -2903 (2017). View Online
- Collagen complexity spatially defines micro regions of total tissue pressure in pancreatic cancer
M. D. Nieskoski, K. Marra, J. Gunn, P. J. Hoopes, Marvin M. Doyley, T. Hasan, B. S. Trembly, and Brian W. Pogue
Sci Rep 7 , pp. 10093-1 -10093-12 (2017). View Online
- Separation of solid stress from interstitial fluid pressure in pancreas cancer correlates with collagen area fraction
M. D. Nieskoski, K. Marra, J. Gunn, S. C. Kanick, Marvin M. Doyley, T. Hasan, S. P. Pereira, B. S. Trembly, and Brian W. Pogue
J Biomech Eng 139(6) , pp. 061002-1 -061002-8 (2017). View Online
- Nanoparticle uptake in tumors is mediated by the interplay of vascular and collagen density with interstitial pressure.
S. Torosean, B. Flynn, J. Axelsson, J. Gunn, K. S. Samkoe, T. Hasan, Marvin M. Doyley, and Brian W. Pogue
Nanomedicine. [Epub ahead of print]. (2012). View Online
- Interstitial fluid pressure in soft tissue as a result of an externally applied contact pressure.
A. L. Darling, P. K. Yalavarthy, Marvin M. Doyley, Hamid Dehghani, and Brian W. Pogue
Phys Med Biol. 52(14). Epub 2007 Jun 13. , pp. 4121 -4136 (2007). View Online