The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. We are seeking a fall co-op/intern in charge of the FA of early field failures
This role requires the ability to learn quickly and become familiar with several different technology areas. You will have at least 1-2 of the skill listed below, and have some familiarity with all of the skills listed.
- Mechanical inspection of highly constrained, high-volume designs
- Electronic circuit test. Digital experience with at least some power-supply analog.
- Test of compact imaging optics
- Image quality evaluation including test charts, algorithms, and lighting
- Data analysis and statistics using MATLAB or other mathematical software
- You are familiar with camera optics, sensors, and packaging
Evaluation and debugging of camera HW at module and product levels. Present to cross function team on root cause for failures and corrective action.
Project may also include:
- Retesting the unit on tester with vendor help,
- Analyzing the retest data, and summarize into easy to present format
- Cosmetic /microscopic inspection of the failure unit
- EE (circuit open short etc) test
- Dimension / ME inspection
Pursuing BS, MS, or PhD in EE, ME, Optics, or Physics
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.