Optical Engineer for Harris Corporation
Job code: SIS20183007-26240
Job location: Melbourne/Palm Bay, FL
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at www.harris.com.
Harris is searching for talented entry level Optical Engineers to join the Harris team to help design and develop cutting edge communications and digital communications. Our optical engineers produce state of the art systems and products in support of many domains and varied technologies. We build systems in healthcare, weather processing, air traffic control, law enforcement, aircraft avionics, satellite communications, wireless, cyber defense, environmental, and utilities.
- Design, analyze, modify, test and evaluate optical communications systems and subsystem level components.
- Design, analyze, modify, test and evaluate RF Photonic systems and subsystem level components.
- Determine design approaches and parameters.
- Perform system analysis to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Utilize modeling tools and equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, and evaluate results.
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Perform simulations and present design reviews to peer engineers.
- Ability to write scripts to control synthesis and build tools.
- PhD degree in optical engineering, computer engineering, electrical and computer engineering, materials engineering, or materials science engineering.
- GPA of 3.0 or greater required.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Knowledge and/or experience with VHDL, MCM, HFSS, Network, Power, Analog, Antennas, Controls, ENE, RF, Photonics, Modem, EDA, DSP, MATLAB, Communication Systems or FPGA preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or understanding circuit analysis and operational concepts. Familiarity with various computing environments (LINUX/Windows) is preferred.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.