Huawei (Futurewei) Optical AR/VR Senior Designer Engineer
Huawei is seeking you if you are an innovative, passionate, technology driven Optical Engineer for a role in design and analysis of imaging and illumination systems. This includes the optical design, mechanical design, development, documentation, and verification of high-volume, low-cost optics and related components including sensors and emitters. Applicants will need to demonstrate the ability to work concurrently with peripheral teams in creating innovative solutions.
In your new role you will be part of an AR/VR team responsible for optical design, stray light analysis, tolerance analysis, Monte Carlo analysis, technical planning, and technologies construction. You will design the top level optics solution of AR/VR with excellent user experience and will be responsible for the R&D of optics technologies for future generation of AR/VR devices.
Accomplishments and Abilities:
- MS in optical engineering, optical science, or electrical engineering preferred, PhD is a plus
- 6+ years of working experience in optical design and prototyping
- Deep understanding of geometrical optics and expertise in design and modeling optical systems
- Experience in at least one of the following optical systems: display, illumination, imaging, optical tracking, depth, etc.
- Experience using a ray-tracing program for design, analysis, optimization and tolerance
- Experience designing with mechanical CAD development tools (i.e. ProE or SolidWorks) is a plus
- Working knowledge and experience with color science and colorimetry is a plus
- Hands on optics lab experience
- Fluent in English with strong ability to work on international teams
- Ability to work with offshore vendors, international travel ~15%, support flexible working hours
- Virtually Redesign your optical career with Huawei R&D in Bellevue, WA