AR/VR Optical Design Engineer R&D
Huawei is seeking you if you are an innovative, passionate, technology driven Optical Engineer for a role in design and analysis of imaging and illumination systems. This includes the optical design, mechanical design, development, documentation, and verification of high-volume, low-cost optics and related components including sensors and emitters. Applicants will need to demonstrate the ability to work concurrently with peripheral teams in creating innovative solutions.
In your new role you will be part of a team responsible for optical design, stray light analysis, tolerance analysis, Monte Carlo analysis, technical planning, and technologies construction in AR/VR. You will design the top level optics solution of AR/VR with excellent user experience and will be responsible for the R&D of optics technologies for future generation of AR/VR devices.
Accomplishments and Abilities
- BS or MS in optical engineering, optical science, or electrical engineering preferred.
- 3+ years of working experience in optical design and prototyping.
- Deep understanding of geometrical optics and expertise in design and modeling optical systems;
- Experience in at least one of the following optical systems: display, illumination, imaging, optical tracking, depth, etc.
- Experience using a ray-tracing program for design, analysis, optimization and tolerance;
- Experience designing with mechanical CAD development tools (i.e. ProE or SolidWorks) is a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience with color science and colorimetry is a plus.
- Hands on optics lab experience.
- Fluent in English with strong ability to work on international teams.
- Ability to work with offshore vendors, international travel ~15%, support flexible working hours.
Virtually Redesign your optical career as a Contractor with Huawei R&D in Bellevue, WA!
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population. Huawei has over 150,000 employees, approximately 70,000 of which are engaged in Research and Development. Huawei operates a global network of 14 regional headquarters, 16 R&D Centers, 28 Innovation Centers jointly operated with customers, and 45 Training Centers. Huawei is leading the way by rethinking the future. From devices to telecom infrastructure to cloud computing and convergence solutions, we are rethinking every link in the chain with ICT based innovation to deliver a better future... faster.
Huawei Inc., is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.