AR/VR Optical Mechanical Engineer R&D Contractor
Huawei is seeking you because you are an innovative, passionate, technology driven Optical Mechanical Engineer for a role in mechanical design and analysis of imaging and illumination systems. This includes the optical design, mechanical design, development, documentation, and verification of high-volume, low-cost optics and related components including sensors and emitters. You will need to demonstrate the ability to work concurrently with peripheral teams in creating innovative solutions.
In your new role you will be part of a team responsible for creating a fundamental competitiveness in optical technologies for Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality products for Huawei. You will strive to be one generation ahead of our competitors and establish business value selling points and breaking points, as well as design & support the best AR/VR user experience in the industry to help create and generate success of the product.
- Participate in the planning of optical technologies and sub-system design to achieve top level competitiveness in the industry;
- R&D of breakthrough optical technologies and innovative application research;
- Support the construction of key media competitiveness for Huawei.
- Responsible for mechanical architecture development, technical planning, and overall mechanical & ID assessment.
- Design conceptual level mechanical and ID solutions in AR/VR to maintain an excellent user experience.
- Work hands on and be responsible to refine mechanical concepts for future generation of AR/VR devices.
Accomplishments and Abilities
- BS with focus in optical, mechanical or electrical engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of working experience in mechanical engineering.
- Proficiency in at least one of the mechanical design software packages.
- Experience in mechanical design and prototyping for HMD.
- Familiar with industry standards for optical components, subsystems, and systems.
- In-depth understanding of tolerances and alignment schemes: display system, illumination system, imaging system, optical tracking system, etc..
- Ability to support optical metrology development & evolve them into tools more suitable for production environment when necessary, interface with offshore vendors, international travel ~15% and support flexible work hours.
Augment the Reality of your optical mechanical career as a Contractor with Huawei R&D in Bellevue, WA!
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population. Huawei has over 150,000 employees, approximately 70,000 of which are engaged in Research and Development. Huawei operates a global network of 14 regional headquarters, 16 R&D Centers, 28 Innovation Centers jointly operated with customers, and 45 Training Centers. Huawei is leading the way by rethinking the future. From devices to telecom infrastructure to cloud computing and convergence solutions, we are rethinking every link in the chain with ICT based innovation to deliver a better future... faster.
Huawei Inc., is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.