Huawei (Futurewei) Opto-Mechanical Staff Engineer
Huawei is seeking you because you are an innovative, passionate, technology driven Optical Mechanical Engineer for a role in mechanical design and analysis of imaging and illumination systems. This includes the optical design, mechanical design, development, documentation, and verification of high-volume, low-cost optics and related components including sensors and emitters. You will need to demonstrate the ability to work concurrently with peripheral teams in creating innovative solutions.
In your new role you will be part of a team responsible for creating a fundamental competitiveness in optical technologies for Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality products for Huawei. You will strive to be one generation ahead of our competitors and establish business value selling points and breaking points, as well as design and support the best AR/VR user experience in the industry to help create and generate success of the product.
- Participate in the planning of optical technologies and sub-system design to achieve top level competitiveness in the industry.
- R&D of breakthrough optical technologies and innovative application research.
- Support the construction of key media competitiveness for Huawei.
- Responsible for mechanical architecture development, technical planning, and overall mechanical and ID assessment.
- Design conceptual level mechanical and ID solutions in AR/VR to maintain an excellent user experience.
- Work hands on and be responsible to refine mechanical concepts for future generation of AR/VR devices.
Accomplishments and Abilities
- MS and 6 years, PhD 4 years preferred, in optical, mechanical, or electrical engineering. 4 years Industry ME experience.
- Proficiency in at least one mechanical design software package: Solidwords, Creo, etc.
- Experience in mechanical design and prototyping for HMD.
- Familiar with industry standards for optical components, subsystems, and systems.
- In-depth understanding of tolerances and alignment schemes: display system, illumination system, imaging system, optical tracking system, etc.
- Ability to support optical metrology development and evolve them into tools more suitable for production environment when necessary, interface with offshore vendors, international travel ~15% and support flexible work hours.