MKS Instruments, Inc.
Division: L&M OCISB
Location: Rochester, NY 14625
Job Type: full-time
Career Level: experienced (non-manager)
Education: high school diploma
Newport, now part of MKS Instruments, is an industry-leading global supplier of advanced photonics solutions to the analytical instruments market (both industrial and life and health science instruments) as well as the microelectronics and scientific research markets. Our product portfolio includes a wide range of thin-film interference filters, holographic and ruled diffraction gratings and replicated mirrors.
MKS people combine world class engineering and problem solving skills with highly developed listening skills and an unwavering dedication to helping our customers succeed. Our teams push the technology envelope and collaborate across a range of design disciplines in our search for inventive solutions.
MKS proudly offers extensive, competitive and well-rounded benefits packages to our employees. At MKS, we value the special talents and resources our employees provide to us, and we know that without their satisfaction and dedication our continued success would not be possible.
Take a look and discover for yourself the outstanding benefits of joining MKS today!
Newport is seeking a Ruling Technician for its Richardson Gratings business in Rochester, New York.
- Operation, Maintenance and repair of ruling engines to produce ruled diffraction gratings
- Review customer specifications with regard to our engineering and manufacturing capabilities
- Maintain and manage schedules for new rulings
- Maintain notes, records and procedures to document specialized activities and equipment design and operation
- Test and inspect substrates, coatings and gratings using metrology equipment such as interferometers
- Procure tools and materials required for the successful operation of the ruling engines
- Experience operating tool room and machine shop equipment highly desired
- Experience working with precision mechanical equipment and/or optical metrology highly desired
- Experience in reading engineering drawings and prints required
- Associate’s degree in Mechanical Technology, Optical Technology, Ceramics or a related field desired but not required
- Unusually high degree of manual dexterity and attention to detail
- Quality, accuracy and consistency of workmanship
- Good personal organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, take initiative, and think analytically
- Strict adherence to processes, procedures and protocol
- Patience, tenacity and tolerance for repeated and concerted effort
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines