Sony Optical Design Engineer
Sony Electronics, a global leader in image sensors is seeking an optical intern to work on next generation of novel image sensor designs and architectures in their Rochester, NY location.
This full time position is part of an advanced technology team which is enabling the next generation of imaging. The successful candidate will bring their knowledge in optical physics and materials, and experience in optical modeling and simulation as well as good communication skills to a dynamic and fast moving team working on the most advanced image sensor technologies.
- Design, model, simulate and analyze complex optical phenomena and components to fit specific requirements in pixel.
- Work with pixel design engineers to define and optimize optical structures and performances in pixel.
- Work with pixel characterization engineers to tune optical design results as well as to help provide understanding of the characterization analysis.
- Interact with device engineers to incorporate the optical component fabrication.
- Completed MS degree in electrical/optical engineering or similar field. Ph.D preferred.
- Knowledge of optoelectronic, photonics and semiconductor physics.
- Understanding of image sensor functions a plus.
- Experience in optical simulation tools and optical test instruments.
- Experience in characterizing optical components and semiconductor devices preferred.
- Practical understanding of how incorporate design rules and process limitations into optical modeling and simulation.
- Excellent communication skills.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.