News & EventsJuly 3, 2013
Graduate Students receive several awards
Here is a collection of awards and/or grants some of our awesome Optics students have been collecting over the last few months:
- Optics graduate students Alden Jurling and Dustin Moore, both students in Prof. James Fienup's group, have received National Science Foundation travel grants to attend the Imaging and Applied Optics Congress of the Optical Society later this month.
- Matt Bergkoetter, an Optics graduate student also working with Prof. James Fienup, has been awarded a National Science Foundation grant to cover registration and travel costs to attend an OSA Adaptive Optics conference later this month in Arlington, Va.
- Dennis Briggs, a master's student in Mechanical Engineering working with Asst. Prof. Jonathan Ellis, has been awarded a travel scholarship by SPIE to attend the SPIE Optics + Photonics Symposium, Aug. 25-29, in San Diego. Dennis will present a paper on "Accurately Measuring the Dynamic Coefficient of Friction in UltraForm Finishing" at the Optical Manufacturing and Testing X conference.
- Jinxin Huang in Prof. Jannick Rolland's wins a SPIE Optics and Photonics Education Scholarship, which is 3K.
- Dustin Moore wins "Best Student Presentation" award at the Adaptive Optics topical meeting of the OSA, held in Arlington,VA in June.
Congratulation to all!