The mission of the Edmund A. Hajim School of Engineering and Applied Sciences is to advance the highest quality education and research in engineering and applied science through engaging experiences and environments that promote critical thinking, creativity, ethics and leadership.
An Inclusive Environment
The Hajim Dean’s Office is dedicated to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment for all students irrespective of race, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation.
Enrollment, Graduating Students
Of the approximately 1,736 full-time engineering undergraduates in the fall of 2019:
- 31.1% are women
- 10.5% are underrepresented minorities
- 33.5% are international students
Of the 433 bachelor’s degrees awarded by the Hajim School in the 2018-19 academic year:
- 30.7% were women
- 9.7% were underrepresented minorities
- 22.4% were international students
Of the 2018-19 graduating seniors:
- 17.1% earned humanities/social science minors
- 2% participated in the Take Five Scholars Program or the e5 (formerly known as KEY) Program
The Hajim School of Engineering and Applied Sciences has 98 tenure/tenure-track faculty in the 2019-2020 academic year.
The University of Rochester's Hajim School of Engineering and Applied Sciences Graduate Programs are Nationally-Ranked #45 by US News and World Report's America's Best Graduate Schools 2019!