Order of the Engineer Induction Ceremony,
Thursday, May 12
Larry and Cindy Bloch Alumni and Advancement Center
Some professions have rites of passage marking one’s entrance. The Order of the Engineer ceremony is often considered the rite for engineers.
Formed to provide a sense of closure at the end of your engineering studies, the ceremony gives a visible means for students graduating from programs accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (AME, BME, CHE, ECE, ME, and OPE) to identify with other engineers. We invite students and their parents to participate.
Students can sign up to participate by speaking with their undergraduate program coordinator or the Dean's Office in Lattimore 301. There is a deadline of April 27.
Shuttles will be provided to and from the River Campus.
Friday, May 13
Fauver Stadium at the Brian F. Prince Athletic Complex on the River Campus.
Hajim students will participate in a University-wide commencement ceremony for degree conferrals for all undergraduate and graduate students.
A livestream of the commencement ceremony also will be available. Graduates will be allowed to invite a limited number of guests to the ceremony.
Departmental Events and Ceremonies,
Saturday, May 14.
These Hajim School departmental events and ceremonies will take place:
- Audio and music engineering: Strong Auditorium, 11 a.m.
- Biomedical engineering: Strong Auditorium, 9 a.m.
- Chemical engineering: Richard Feldman Ballroom (A, B) Douglass Commons, 3 p.m.
- Computer science: Larry and Cindy Bloch Alumni and Advancement Center, 9 a.m.
- Electrical and computer engineering: Strong Auditorium, 11 a.m.
- Engineering science: Richard Feldman Ballroom (C, D) Douglass Commons, 10 a.m.
- Geomechanics program: Hubbell Auditorium, Hutchison Hall, 11 a.m.
- Materials science: Contact Gina Eagan at firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Mechanical engineering: Hubbell Auditorium, Hutchison Hall, 11 a.m.
- Optics: Richard Feldman Ballroom (A, B) Douglass Commons. 1 p.m.
- TEAM (Technical Entrepreneurship and Management): Wegmans Hall 1400, 3 p.m.
Hajim School Awards
Dean Heinzelman will announce these faculty and staff awards:
Hajim School Lifetime Achievement Award
This award recognizes faculty for outstanding achievements in research, teaching, and leadership over the course of their career.
Edmund A. Hajim Outstanding Faculty Award
This award recognizes excellence in teaching, research, and service.
Edmund A. Hajim Outstanding Staff Award
This award recognizes excellence and dedication well above and beyond the call of duty.
Details and guidance are still being developed. Check the University of Rochester commencement site for updates closer to commencement weekend.