Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
The University of Rochester Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE-UR) was chartered in 1989 to serve Hispanic engineers and scientists at the University of Rochester. It has since then flourished and done much to benefit the University's Hispanic community. SHPE-UR is devoted to promoting personal and academic growth throughout the undergraduate and graduate education.
The mission of SHPE-UR is to:
- Increase the number of Hispanic engineering students at the University of Rochester .
- Increase the participation of Hispanic students in the Minority Student Ambassador (MSA) Program.
- Promote the advancement of Hispanic engineers and scientist in employment and education.
- Develop and participate in programs with industry and the University which benefits students seeking technical degrees.
- Improve the retention of Hispanic students enrolled in engineering and science.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information pertinent to Hispanic engineering/science students enrolled at the University of Rochester.