Scholarship & Research Opportunities
Up to $500 to help its students defray the costs of studying abroad, including program tuition, room and board, books, local transportation, insurance and international airfare.
The Evans Lam Study Abroad Scholarship for Hong Kong and China offers the opportunity to study at the University of Rochester’s exchange partner, the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). The scholarship covers two courses taken at CUHK during the summer as well as participation in an experiential study tour of Beijing. The scholarship provides up to $5000 per student, and covers tuition, housing, most meals and post-program travel within mainland China.
$5,000 awards that can be applied to such study abroad costs as program fees, tuition, room and board, airfare, books and local transportation. In addition, students studying critical need languages are automatically considered for an additional $3,000 supplemental award, for a total possible award of $8,000.
Summer research internship in Science and Engineering in Germany; must have completed at least two years of a degree. No language prerequisite.
- Florence Yip '17 of mechanical engineering "got to learn something new every day" as a DAAD-Rise scholar in Jena, Germany.
- Zhaoyu Nie '17 of optical engineering learned to "enjoy life while working hard" as a DAAD-Rise scholar in Munich.
- Nathaniel Potrepka '17 of computer science gained some interesting insights into the 'workings of language' while studying at Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University.
- Claire Kaiser '18 of biomedical engineering worked with a new 3D imaging technique called Cryo-Electron Tomography at Technischen Universität München in Munich.
- For Zhenzhi 'Jane' Xia '16 of optical engineering, DAAD-Rise was a great way to pursue two of her passions: optics and classical music.
Summer research at MIT, Berkeley, or Columbia (plus 7 other institutions).
Offers a variety of internships and fellowships (including the Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship) in Argentina, Chile, Germany, Spain, and Switzerland.
The MSPIRE REU program provides training and financial support for U.S. undergraduate students to participate in MSPIRE research projects under the guidance of one of the MSPIRE faculty.
Summer research in physics-related nanotechnology for the summer following the freshmen or sophomore year. No language prerequisite.
For engineering professionals and students to promote community-driven development programs worldwide.
Summer research opportunities.
Intern opportunities abroad.
AIESEC is an international leadership organization that arranges internships and social projects for young people to go abroad.
Since 1971, ICE has placed more than 16,000 students in work/internship positions throughout Europe, Asia, and South America.
Summer Engineering Opportunities
Summer Field School in Ghana
CeNIDE Nano Summer Program (Germany)
For science and engineering majors with an interest in nanotechnology. No language prerequisite.