The STEM-Gems program collaborates with a network of University offices including:
- Office of Minority Student Affairs (OMSA)
- David T. Kearns Center for Leadership and Diversity in Arts, Sciences and Engineering
- College Center for Advising Services (CCAS)
- Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL)
- Gwen M. Greene Center for Career Education and Connections
- Financial Aid Office
In addition to academic support and the coordination of resources, the transformation from peer to colleague is reinforced by encouraging STEM‐Gems to engage with engineering societies such as the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), the Society for Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE). The STEM-Gems programs offers significant logistical and financial support to the University of Rochester chapters of these groups.