Dr. Doyley received his BSc (Honors) in Applied Physics from Brunel University (UK). He then earned his Doctorate in Medical Physics from the University of London. Dr. Doyley’s research interests include Cardiovascular Imaging, Breast Cancer Imaging, Ultrasound Beamforming, Contrast-enhanced Ultrasound Imaging, Ultrasound Elastography, Magnetic Resonance Elastography, and Pancreatic Cancer Imaging. Dr. Doyley serves as associate editor for several scientific journals including the Journal of Medical Imaging (JMI), IEEE Transaction on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control (UFFC), and Nature Scientific Reports. He is also on the International Advisory Board of Physics in Medicine and Biology and a member of the technical program committee of the IEEE UFFC symposium. Dr. Doyley teaches an introductory course in analog and digital communication systems (ECE 242) at the undergraduate level, and digital image processing (ECE 447) at the graduate level. Dr. Doyley has written several scientific articles and book chapters.
Selected Publications (Please click on Website above for a full list of publications.)
1. Imaging the elastic properties of tissue: the 20-year perspective. KJ Parker, MM Doyley, DJ Rubens. Physics in Medicine and Biology 56 (1), R1-R29, 2011.
2. Evaluation of an iterative reconstruction method for quantitative elastography. MM Doyley, PM Meaney, JC Bamber. Physics in Medicine and Biology 45 (6), 1521-1540, 2000.
3. Initial in vivo experience with steady‐state subzone‐based MR elastography of the human breast. EEW Van Houten, MM Doyley, FE Kennedy, JB Weaver, KD Paulsen. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 17 (1), 72-85, 2003.
4. Morphological and mechanical information of coronary arteries obtained with intravascular elastography. A feasibility study in vivo. CL De Korte, SG Carlier, F Mastik, MM Doyley, AFW Van Der Steen, PW Serruys, N Bom. European Heart Journal 23 (5), 405-413, 2002.
5. A freehand elastographic imaging approach for clinical breast imaging: system development and performance evaluation. MM Doyley, JC Bamber, FG Fuechsel, NL Bush. Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology 27 (10), 1347-1357, 2001.