Lead Electrical Engineer for Harris Corporation
Job code: SIS20171906-19315
Job location: Rochester, NY
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at www.harris.com.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Harris is searching for talented electrical engineer to join the Harris team to help in the design and analysis of components, equipment, and hardware for electro-optical systems.
- Perform design and analysis tasks on electronics and electromechanical hardware including circuit boards, electro-mechanical devices, and electronics packaging of components and multi cabinet systems.
- Program support includes mission/requirements definition, concept generation, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design, component selection, integration and test support, materials selection, design documentation and collaboration with manufacturing operations for fabrication in a program team environment.
- Work within a multi-functional team environment under the direction of a team lead.
- Utilize Cadence Incisive Enterprise Simulator, Subversion, Python or Perl.
- Solid understanding of signal processing concepts and ability to architect signal processing software.
- Experience with high-speed, heavily pipelined data path design.
- Familiarity with fixed-point digital math functions, linear algebra, basic geometry, floating point data structures.
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with TI Code Composer development tool - project setup using SYS/BIOS Linux environment, RTA, threads/tasks…
- Experience integrating with firmware/HW and supporting the complete testing and qualification of the deliverable system.
- Must be able to work with the System Engineer and flow system specifications down to the FW/SW requirements.
- Must be able to work independently or lead a small team of designers.
- BS Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering and 4+ years related experience or equivalent.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Sensor Chip Design
- Mostly involved at the specification/performance level (and characterization) not ASIC implementation/fabrication level
- Examples: i7/i8, Gen4 Scanner, clock driver ASIC, specifying requirements for 3rd party sensors
- Focal Plane Design/Assembly
- i7/i8 mosaic scanning focal planes (significant portion of this is mechanical/manufacturing engineering discipline)
- AlN routing cards, flex cables, cables (again i7/i8 scanning heritage), motherboard CCA design
- Experience with focal plane modelling (Understanding of Dark Current, Readnoise, and SNR)
- I&T (alignment, characterization, etc.)
- IR focal plane manufacturing techniques
- Understanding of risk of MBE on Si vs LPE on CdZnTe for performance in a focal plane technology
- Subsystem interfacing and higher level AI&T
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.