Measures of performance of standard and freeform optical systems. Studies on exotic systems such as Maxwell fish eye lenses and refractive metasurfaces.
Measures of optical performance for regular and freeform systems
- K. Liang and M.A. Alonso, “Effects on the OTF of MSF structures with random variations,” Opt. Express 27, 34665-34680 (2019).
- K. Liang, G.W. Forbes and M.A. Alonso, “Rapidly-Decaying Fourier-like bases,” Opt. Express 27, 32263-32276 (2019).
- H. Aryan, K. Liang, M.A. Alonso, and T.J. Suleski, “Predictive models for the Strehl ratio of diamond-machined optics,” Appl. Opt. 58, 3272-3276 (2019).
- L.A. Alemán-Castañeda and M.A. Alonso, “Study of reflectors for illumination via conformal maps,” Opt. Lett. 44, 3809-3812 (2019).
- K. Liang, G.W. Forbes, and M.A. Alonso, ”Validity of the perturbation model for the propagation of MSF structure in 2D,” Opt. Express 27, 3390-3408 (2019).
- K. Liang and M.A. Alonso, ”Effects of defocus and other quadratic errors on OTF,” Opt. Lett. 42, 5254-5257 (2017).
- K. Liang and M.A. Alonso, ”Understanding the effects of groove structure on the MTF,” Opt. Express 25, 18827-18841 (2017).
- M.A. Alonso and G.W. Forbes, ”Strehl ratio as the Fourier transform of a probability density of error differences,” Opt. Lett. 41, 3735-3738 (2016).
Unusual optical devices with interesting properties
- M.A. Alonso, ”Is the Maxwell-Shafer fish eye lens able to form super-resolved images?,” New J. Phys. 17, 073013 (2015).
- M. Eggleston, T. Godat, E. Munro, M.A. Alonso, H. Shi, M. Bhattacharya, “Ray transer matrix for a spiral phase plate,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 30, 2526-2530 (2013).
- J. Courtial, B. Kirkpatrick, and M.A. Alonso “Imaging with complex ray-optical refractive-index interfaces between complex object and image distances,” Opt. Lett. 37, 701-703 (2012).