Apple Optical Lens Design Engineer
Cupertino, California, United States
To apply, please send your resume to Annessa Garcia at email@example.com and be sure to include in the email subject line: "Applicant from University of Rochester".
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk.
These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products?
The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The team is looking for an Optical Lens Design Engineer to work on advanced optical technology development.
- Interest in the area of lens design, metrology and integration
- Interest or experience in lens design, tolerance analysis
- Interest or experience in Stray light analysis
- Interest or experience in lens characterization methodology and instrumentation
- Proficiency with ZEMAX, CODE V, LightTool, MATLAB, 2D&3D CAD, etc.
- Ability to perform comprehensive optical and image quality characterization of the lens and the camera module
- Support metrology methodology for camera lens testing and develop appropriate test charts and methods for camera evaluation
- Interface with the assembly and packaging groups to support integration of camera lens into module
- Work on new lens design, characterization and integration into CMOS imager sensor based camera modules
- Drive development of advanced metrology development
- Complete analysis of the optical element's influence on the image quality characteristics of the camera module
- Work closely with lens supplier for prototype design, evaluation and MTF testing
PhD/MS/BS in Optics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Manufacturing, or equivalent work experience
Additional Desirable Requirements
- Working knowledge of thin film physics and fabrication
- Track record of imaging related innovations
- Working knowledge of opto-mechanics
- High energy, multi-tasker, resourceful problem solver, ability to work under pressure, take initiative
- Knowledge of statistical analysis of production data
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.