Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates of the University of Rochester’s Bachelor of Science program in Audio and Music Engineering will, within a few years of graduating, be on paths to becoming leaders in their chosen professions.
- Our graduates will be valued for their creativity, technical proficiency, teamwork, and ability to communicate effectively.
- Throughout their careers our graduates will demonstrate their commitment to professional growth through the pursuit of advanced degrees, continued education and training, and adaptability within their work environments.
- Our graduates will appreciate the many ways that engineering skills may be applied to solve a wide range of problems, both within and outside of engineering, and will be equipped to explore alternate career paths that align with their interests and maximize their contributions to society.
- Our graduates appreciate their ethical responsibilities and the relationship and obligations of engineering and science to the public and the environment
To prepare our graduates to enter the professional practice of engineering the Bachelor of Science in Audio and Music Engineering program of the University of Rochester will attain the following outcomes:
Outcome 1: An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
Outcome 2: An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
Outcome 3: An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
Outcome 4: An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
Outcome 5: An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
Outcome 6: An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
Outcome 7: An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.