- Assistant Professor (Research), Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Senior Scientist, Laboratory for Laser Energetics
PhD, University of Rochester, 1998
- V.N. Goncharov and D. Li, "Effects of Temporal Density Variation and Convergent Geometry on Nonlinear Bubble Evolution in Classical Rayleigh-Taylor Instability, "Phys. Rev. E 71, 046306 (2005).
- P.B. Radha, V.N. Goncharov, T.J.B. Collins, et. al., "Two-dimensional Simulations of plastic-shell, direct-drive implosions on OMEGA," Phys. Plasmas 12, 032702 (2005).
- V.N. Goncharov and G. Li, "Effect of electric fields on electron thermal transport in laser-produced plasmas," Phys. Plasmas 11, 5680 (2004).
- V.N. Goncharov, J.P. Knauer, P.M. McKenty, P.B. Radha, T.C. Sangster, S. Skupsky, R. Betti, R.L. McCrory, and D.D. Meyerhofer, "Improved Performance of Direct-Drive ICF Target Designs with Adiabat Shaping Using an Intensity Picket," Phys. Plasmas 10, 1906 (2003).
- V.N. Goncharov, "Analytical Model of Nonlinear, Single-Mode, Classical Rayleigh-Taylor Instability at Arbitrary Atwood Numbers," Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, 134502 (2002).
- R. Betti, K. Anderson, V.N. Goncharov, R.L. McCrory, D.D. Meyerhofer, S. Skupsky, and R. Town, "Deceleration phase of inertial confinement fusion implosions," Phys. Plasmas 9, 2277 (2002).
- R. Betti, M. Umansky, V. Lobachev, V.N. Goncharov, and R.L. McCrory, "Hot-spot dynamics and deceleration-phase Rayleigh-Taylor instability of imploding inertial confinement fusion capsules," Phys. Plasmas 8, 5257 (2001).
- V.A. Smalyuk, V.N. Goncharov, J.A. Delettrez, F.J. Marshal, D.D. Meyerhofer, S.P. Regan, and B. Yaakobi, "Evolution of Shell Nonuniformities near Peak Compression of a Spherical Implosion," Phys. Rev. Lett. 87, 155002 (2001).
- P.M. McKenty, V.N. Goncharov, R.P.J. Town, S. Skupsky, R. Betti, and R.L. McCrory, "Analysis of a direct-drive ignition capsule designed for the National Ignition Facility," Phys. Plasmas 8, 2315 (2001).
- T.R. Boehly, V.N. Goncharov, O. Gotchev, J.P. Knauer, D.D. Meyerhofer, D. Oron, S.P. Regan, Y. Srebro, W. Seka, D. Shvarts, S. Skupsky, and V.A. Smalyuk, "Optical and plasma smoothing of laser imprinting in targets driven by lasers with SSD bandwidth up to 1 THz," Phys. Plasmas 8, 2331 (2001).
- Computational physics
- Fluid mechanics
- Partial differential equations with applications in fluid mechanics
- Hydrodynamic instabilities
- Plasma physics