Education and Training
Equity, diversity, and inclusion education is essential for a welcoming and respectful environment where everyone can live, work, and learn. These training opportunities are presented in partnership with the Office of Human Resources and offer useful tools and information to increase awareness of important issues that face our institution.
See the University's diversity education and training page for more information.
Upcoming Training Opportunities
Professional Development Workshops
The Office of the Dean for Diversity, the Paul J. Burgett Intercultural Center, and the David T. Kearns Center have developed the following professional development series for faculty, graduate students, and staff:
- Creating an Anti-Racist Campus (for those who did not attend the 2020 sessions, or attended only one or two sessions)
- Advanced Anti-Racism Training
- Creating a Queer-Inclusive AS&E
We also invite all past participants in the anti-racism training to a working session on action plans. The details for each session can be found below. Contact Amanda Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Reports on Discrimination and Harassment, Sexual Misconduct
The University is committed to providing a safe environment for the campus community to work, learn, live, and socialize together without fear of sexual assault, harassment, or discrimination. As part of that mission, the Office of Equity and Inclusion recently released two reports:
- Discrimination and Harassment: Prevention and Response Across the University serves to educate the University community about efforts to prevent discrimination and harassment and how the University responds to incidents
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response is published to inform the community about the University’s efforts to prevent, detect, and respond to reports of sexual misconduct.
These reports include data from 2018 to 2020. Subsequent reports will be released annually in October. If you need additional information, contact the Office of Equity and Inclusion.