Incoming Graduate Student Checklist
Welcome to the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering! We look forward to having you join us. Please see the checklist below with information to help make your transition to the University of Rochester go smoothly.
- After receiving your admissions email, log into your Applicant Status Page and fill out the Applicant Response Form.
- Complete the New Student Intake Form for I-20 for your student visa. (International students only) The ECE department will initiate the NSIF process. You will then receive an email communication from our International Services Office with instructions to complete the student sections including proof of finances .
- Pay the I-901 Sevis Fee. (International students only)
- Make housing arrangements, either graduate housing or off campus.
- Set up your NetID. You will need to know your UR Student ID number. This can be found on the Application Status Page to the right of your name.
- Complete your Health History Form, which will be mailed to you. You will also be required to enroll or waive in the University Student Health Insurance. This is mandatory for all students to complete.
- Complete your Payment Agreement Form.
- Submit your official final transcript and/or graduate certificate/diploma, which shows the conferral of your BS and MS degrees, to the Graduate Studies Office or to the ECE graduate program coordinator.
- Make travel arrangements to arrive campus in order to attend these mandatory new student meetings:
- International Services Office, Orientation Program: This mandatory program will discuss important topics relevant to international students. Date and Time TBA
- Graduate Studies Office, Orientation Meeting: This mandatory meeting for ALL incoming graduate students. Date and Time TBA
- Once you arrive in Rochester, report to the International Services Office. (International students only)
- Register online for classes after meeting with your academic advisor.