Incoming Graduate Students
Welcome incoming graduate students to the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Rochester. Classes begin on Wednesday, August 31, 2022. We look forward to having you join us! The checklist below will help make your transition to the University of Rochester go smoothly.
- After receiving your admissions email, log into your Applicant Status Page and fill out the Applicant Response Form.
- Complete the New Student Intake Form for I-20 for your student visa. (International students only) The ECE department will initiate the NSIF process. You will then receive an email communication from our International Services Office with instructions to complete the student sections including proof of finances.
- Pay the I-90 Sevis Fee. (International students only)
- Make housing arrangements, either graduate housing or off campus.
- Set up your NetID. You will need to know your UR Student ID number. This can be found on the Application Status Page to the right of your name.
- Activate your University Graduate Email.
- Complete your Health History Form, which will be mailed to you. You will also be required to enroll or waive in the University Student Health Insurance. This is mandatory for all students to complete.
- Submit the official final transcript and/or graduate certificate/diploma, which shows the conferral of your BS and MS degrees to the Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs Office (GEPA) by email to: ASEGEPA@rochester.edu
- Make travel arrangements to arrive on campus to attend these mandatory new student meetings:
- International Services Office, Orientation Program—This mandatory program will discuss important topics relevant to international students.
- Graduate Studies Office, Orientation Meeting—For ALL incoming graduate students.
- Once you arrive in Rochester, report to the International Services Office. (International students only)
- Register online for classes using UR Student after meeting with your graduate administrator (Computer Studies Building, room 514). Academic advisors are still being determined. You will receive a separate email with this information.
- Complete your Payment Agreement Form through UR Student.