Apple Metrology Engineer
Cupertino, California, United States
To apply, please send your resume to Blair Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include in the email subject line: "Applicant from University of Rochester".
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk.
These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products?
The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The team is looking for an Optical Lens Design Engineer to work on advanced optical technology development.
- Experience in optics or a related field
- Strong technical background in optics, sensor physics, image quality testing, and firmware development
- In-depth knowledge of image quality metrics, optical characterization, and active alignment.
- Interest or experience in metrology tool development from concept to market
- Application of design of experiments (DOE) methodology
- Proficiency in data analysis using Matlab or similar software
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate a cross-functional team
- Willingness and ability to travel to lead domestic and international vendors
- Proficiency with LightTools, Zemax, CodeV is a plus
- Develop innovative optical metrology solutions that improve/enable camera performance and customer experience
- Explore potential technologies and work with suppliers on prototype development and manufacturing
- Perform optical simulations and stray light analysis
- Communicate your design decision to the cross-functional team
- Lead a team that will support integration of novel metrology solutions
- Take complete ownership driving metrology development from R&D to mass production
PhD/MS/BS in Optics, Physics or equivalent work experience
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.