ASML Co-Op in Optical Engineering
ASML is seeking a qualified candidate for a co-op position (6 to 9 months) in optical engineering. Expertise in the area of physical optics modeling and/or experimental optics and metrology are required.
The job description below defines the ideal set of qualifications for the position. Those interested should email Adel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The main focus of this position will be to support engineering staff:
- Develop a clear understanding of the physical operation of high end optical sensors and model basic effects and sensitivities
- Use a combination of standard tools (CodeV, Zemax, FRED) and modeling in a MATLAB environment to generate accurate physical optics models to predict high end sensors performance and establish error budgets contributions
- Use developed models to support proto build validation and production build factory and field issues resolution
- Perform experiments and testing as needed to validate predicted metrology sensor responses and predictions
Candidate should be a masters or PhD student with high potential in optical design and engineering (working toward a BS will be considered).
Some of the desired skills that the candidates should exhibit:
- Experience with optical design and tolerance of optical systems
- In depth experience with at least two of these three items: CodeV and/or Zemax; FRED and/or ASAP; MATLAB
- Understanding of the physical operation of complex optical sensors and be able to generate detailed modeling and simulation of their output signals—for example sensors that use a moiré type of detection and can resolve less than 1:10000
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results on time
- Qualities of a “team player” with strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team—willing to take on responsibility as well as follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule
- The ability to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and the capability of thoroughly investigating analytically technical issues